A body design that is easy to carry, two measurement apertures that are interchangeable and an illuminated viewfinder make the CM-2600d spectrophotometer the tool of choice for a wide range of measuring tasks. It fits comfortably into your hand, thanks to its ergonomic design, allowing you to take measurements from a variety of angles and in less than two seconds get highly accurate measurement readings.
Ease of use is assured with just two controllers – a wheel and a button. The button is used to take measurements, and the wheel functions similar to the way a computer mouse functions. With it, you can scroll through menu items on the Cm-2600D Spectrophotometer’s large screen and select the necessary operations you want the device to perform. Data is displayed either with numbers or graphics, so you can instantly see whatever information you need.
On the CM-2600d Spectrophotometer, information that’s readily available includes colorimetric data with descriptive color difference, L*a*b* color graph with box or elliptical tolerances and pass/fail indications. A display reversing function makes it possible to read the screen in any direction, and the wording on the screen can be programmed for English French, Spanish, German, Japanese and Italian. Measuring is quick and simple because of the unit’s illuminated viewer; true sample viewing is possible on light or dark objects with one touch.
The CM-2600d spectrophotometer features Konica Minolta’s patented InnovativeOptical System. In any quality control application, it meets the most stringent color measurement standards. A d/8 sphere has built into it both numerical UV control and numerical gloss control, which simultaneously produces SCI (specular component included) and SCE (specular component excluded) data. The LCD display will show the results of both measurements any time you want. The device is rugged enough for any application, thanks to it containing no moving parts.
This was the first unit of its kind on the market with our patented numerical UV control, which significantly lowers time spent on calibration and measurement tasks when working with a variety of materials like detergents, paper and textiles. Two xenon flashes – one that excludes UV, one that includes it – and special mathematics are included in this technology to allow readings from both flashes to be viewed on the screenof the CM-2600d Spectrophotometer.
The CM-2600d Spectrophotometer works with SpectraMagic NX software that’s simple to read and use. The software shows the results of measurements in several views, and these results can be edited. You can associate data from the primary target to data from two or more secondary targets. This lets you perform high-level quality control applications like determining the difference in colors.
Finally, you have the ability to use the same drag-and-drop function that you’re already familiar with on computers to put information into the software and then, following printing, easily interpret it. Users can display various data on numerous graphs. Instrument information can be viewed at a glance through a status window. Templates that have been preconfigured are also available. If you have older versions of software, such as an older version of Excel, with data you still need, it’s simple to export it to the software on the CM-2600d. The unit comes with a navigation function and color tutorial.
** There is another version of this spectrophotometer – the CM-2500d – that comes at a lower cost and is just as simple to use. That unit has just a single aperture (8mm) and does not have a UV adjustment function.
Portable – hand-held design, lightweight, can be run by batteries or AC adapter
Two measurement diameters – 8mm and 3mm can be selected based on the size of what is being measured
Compact – measurements can be taken from many different angles
LCD display – has multiple displays and features a display reversing function so screen can be read no matter which hand is holding the device.
Easy to use – only has two main buttons, one to measure and another, “navigation wheel”, which scrolls through options and clicks down to select.
SCI and SCE measurements – can calculate and display both simultaneously
UV adjustment – first portable device with this feature that provides more accurate color measurements
Six languages – English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, and Japanese
Optional SpectraMagicTM NX Software – enables users to perform comprehensive color inspection and analysis
Illuminated Viewfinder – makes taking measurements even easier
- Illumination / observation system
- d/8 (diffuse illumination, 8-degree viewing ), equipped with simultaneous measurement of SCI (specular component included)/SCE (specular component excluded) Conforms to CIE No.15,ISO 7724/1,ASTM E1164,DIN 5033 Teil7 and JIS Z8722 Condition C standard.
- Sphere Size
- Light-receiving element
- Silicon photodiode array (dual 40 elements)
- Spectral separation device
- Diffraction grating
- Wavelength range
- 360nm to 740nm
- Wavelength pitch
- Half bandwidth
- Approx. 10nm
- Reflectance range
- 0 to 175%, resolution: 0.01%
- Light source
- 3 pulsed xenon lamps
- Measurement time
- Approx. 1.5 seconds (approx. 2 seconds for fluorescent measurement)
- Minimum interval between measurements
- 3 seconds for SCI/SCE (4 seconds for fluorescent measurement)
- Battery performance
- Alkaline manganese:approx. 1000 measurements
- Measurement/illumination area
- MAV : Φ8mm/Φ11mm
SAV : Φ3mm/6mm (Selectable between MAV and SAV)
- Spectral Reflectance:Standard deviation within 0.1% (360 to 380nm within 0.2%)
Colorimetric Value : Standard deviation within ΔE*ab 0.04(Measurement conditions:White calibration plate measured 30 times at 10-second intervals after white calibration was performed)
- Inter instrument agreement
- withinΔE*ab 0.2 (MAV/SCI) Average for 12BCRA Series II color tiles compared to values measured with master body.
- UV adjustment
- Instantaneous numerical adjustment (no mechanical adjustment required) With UV400nm cut filter
- Measurement mode
- Single measurement/automatic averaging of multiple measurements(auto mode: 3, 5, 8 times/manual mode)
- RS-232C serial signals via RJ45 connector; USB 2.0 communication possible when using included USB-Serial Converter Cable IF-A24
- 2/10 degrees (CIE 1931/2°,CIE 1964/10°)
- A, C, D50, D65, F2, F6, F7, F8, F10, F11, F12 (simultaneous evaluation is possible using two light sources)
- Display data
- Spectral value/graph, colorimetric value, color difference value/graph, PASS/FAIL result
- Color space / colorimetric data
- L*a*b*, L*C*h, CMC (1:1), CMC (2:1), CIE94, Hunter Lab, Yxy, Munsell, XYZ, MI, WI (ASTM E313), YI (ASTM E313/ASTM D1925), ISO Brightness (ISO 2470), Density statusA /T, WI/Tint (CIE/Ganz), CIE00
- Data memory
- 1700 pieces of data (as SCI/SCE 1 data) * 700 pieces of data in the "defined in COND." mode.
* Total of the sample data for the COND and TASK modes and color diference target data
- Tolerance judgment
- Tolerance for color difference (both box and eliptical tolerances can be set)
- Power source
- 4 AA-size battery or AC adapter
- Size (W×H×D)
- 69 × 96 × 193mm
- Approx. 670g (without batteries)
- Operating temperature / humidity range (*1)
- 5 to 40°C, relative humidity 80% or less (at 35°C) with no condensation
- Storage temperature/humidity range
- 0 to 45°C, relative humidity 80% or (at 35°C) with no condensation
- Standard accessories
- White calibration plate, Target mask Φ8mm, Target mask Φ3mm , RS-232C cable, AC adapter,AA-size battery (×4)
- Optional Accessories
- Hard case, Dust cover set, Dust cover, SpectraMagic™NX (software), Zero calibration box
∗1 Operating temperature/humidity range of products for North America : 5 to 40°C, relative humidity 80% or less (at 31°C) with no condensation
CM-2600d SpectrophotometerCatalog Download: Download PDF (2.5MB)
Owner's Manual: Download PDF (467KB)
Case Study: Clemson University: Understanding and Controlling Color Download PDF (2MB)
Case Study: Accurate Color Measurement Download PDF (1.2MB)
Case Study: Viracon & Konica Minolta Download PDF (3.6MB)
Case Study: ColorMatrix: Packaging Aesthetics Download PDF (3.6MB)