Automotive displays and lighting contribute greatly to the functionality, safety and driving experience of a vehicle and its driver. With new technological advances in lighting and display, like adaptive LED headlights or head-up displays projected onto the windshield, comes new regulations and standards for quality, performance and safety.
Konica Minolta, along with group company Radiant Vision Systems, offers comprehensive measurement solutions, from DIN/JIS compliance illuminance photometers/spectrometers to state of art imaging photometers/colorimeters, to help automotive manufacturers comply with the stringent regulations and standards of today’s automotive lighting and display.
Below are some of the general automotive lighting and display measurement applications.
Displays (In-Vehicle Displays, Electronic Mirrors, Head-Up Displays, Camera Monitor Systems)
- Brightness, color, contrast and uniformity evaluation
- Pixel and line defects inspection
- Line and pixel defects inspection
- Mura evaluation
- Evaluating variation across view angles
- Anti-glare sparkle effects evaluation
Backlit Symbols (Instrument Cluster, Center Stacks, PRNDL, Buttons with illuminated icons/characters)
- Luminance and chromaticity of night-time colors
- Luminance and chromaticity uniformity of night-time colors
- Chromaticity of day-time colors
- Inter- and Intra- character uniformity
Lightings (Headlamps and Exterior Lighting)
- Light source illuminance, luminous intensity and roadway illumination distribution measurement
- Evaluation of ECE and SAE Regulation or custom test points
Need help finding the right automotive display and lighting measurement solutions? Contact us today to schedule your free consultation.